Sunday 15 January 2012

Getting started

One of the first tasks for the course was to create a blog.  Sounds so simple but I found it quite confusing.  Jenni suggested google blogger was easiest so I went to the video and followed the instructions.  Only problem was they asked me to enter an address.  What address???

I made one up that was the same as my blog name but have no idea if this is attached to the course website or is out there for anyone to read.  So I think perhaps some further background on blogs for those new to them would be helpful. 

I read the various links to blog rubrics and found this very helpful.  I've set up a blog within blackboard for one of my units for semester 1.  The students have always had to submit a reflective journal so I thought they might like to do this in the form of a blog.  I think I'll link some of the information we've been provided with to my site so they have more information about what standard I expect.  I've already given them information about reflective writing so the combination should be helpful.  I particularly liked the student's trip to the zoo examples of the different levels of blogging.  I think examples are a lot clearer than trying to interpret rubrics.

On the other hand, rubrics are useful to us as academics when it comes to marking :-)

I'm now going to try to work out the various edesign groups.

Will let you know how I go in the next exciting entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment